children's clothing

Mark007

children's clothing

Postby Mark007 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:25 pm

When it comes to shopping for kids’ clothes, there’s much to consider beyond how they look—from fabric to dyes. To get the skinny on everything from organic cotton to washing hand-me-downs. Whats hould we know about it? Most people think that organic cotton is an agricultural choice. Choose it and you’re safeguarding the earth by keeping the synthetic chemicals needed to grow conventional cotton out of our ecosystem. The fact that 1/3 a pound of pesticides is used to make one T-shirt is crazy. But by choosing it, you’re also safeguarding the health of the farmers who grow it. And your kids’ health, too.

Adam Levine

Re: children's clothing

Postby Adam Levine » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:42 am

We all want our children to be healthy and to look good. Agree with you one hundred percent. And i agree with your comment on organic cotton. Nice choice. I think for the first 3 years we didn’t buy anything! That was great and it saved us a pile of money. I consider hand-me-downs the most eco-friendly option. Their impact has already come and gone. Kids wear clothes for 2 minutes then they outgrow them. Reusing what is already available is the greenest option. If you don’t have access to hand-me-downs, try consignment stores for gently used or practically new items.

Harry Kane

Postby Harry Kane » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:40 pm

When I do buy new I try to buy organic cotton or quality clothes that last a while and aren’t disposable fashion. It can be hard to get grandparents who can’t resist buying new and decidedly unsustainable outfits to do the same. So Chua provides family members with an inclination to spoil her daughter with a list of brands creating durable fashion and heirloom pieces. On her list? Hannah Anderson (“so sturdy they last forever and have a lot of organic cotton choices”); Tea Collection (“not sustainable or organic but they last like 5 million washes and still look great”); and Tane Organics (“mostly for little babies—adorable knits that look incredibly classic and heirloom”), among others.

Albert

Postby Albert » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:47 am

Also it is very important to make your clothes last. Yes. Kids grow fast and in a month or two his or her clothes will not fit. BUT! If you’re planning on having more than one kid, I suggest buying neutral colors. I’m not into the whole pink girly girl thing(even though i have a cute daughter) . I buy items that can be used for boys or girls. We have a boy cousin and we have pictures of the kids at the same age wearing the same thing. Passing clothes on when your kid outgrows them is always a good thing. Chua’s daughter’s too-small stuff goes to a neighbor.You feel good that someone else is wearing them.

Peter Parker

Postby Peter Parker » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:35 am

New parents usually receive a lot of clothes as gifts. Unfortunately, some of the more popular gift items aren't very useful to or popular with babies.Once your child begins to crawl or walk, their clothing needs will rapidly change. Also around this time, your child might start toilet training, which brings another set of considerations. On this page, we will help you choose clothing from the first through the third year. We will examine daywear and sleepwear as well as what makes an outfit right for you child. Finally, we will explore shoes and how to buy footwear for you child.

Steven Tyler

Postby Steven Tyler » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 am

There are few things you should know! Safety first: no buttons, bows, or ties. Stay away from clothes with small buttons, decorative rhinestones or bows, because they can be choking risks. Clothes with long ties or that pull tightly around your baby's arms, legs, or neck are also unsafe. Make sure decorations are sewed on tight.Shop by your baby's weight, not age. Age doesn't mean much when it comes to baby clothes; different brands size clothing differently. Weight is a better measure and it is listed along with age on many baby clothes. So just follow my advices...Well surely if you want! )

Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Pick fire-safe sleepwear. Labels on your baby's sleepwear will indicate whether it needs to be worn snugly to be fire-retardant or if the fabric itself is flame-retardant. Flame-resistant fabrics have specific laundry instructions for you to follow to keep the retardant from washing away. In fact, this is one place where secondhand items may not be a good choice -- if they've been washed incorrectly they've lost their effectiveness.Think about how easy clothes will be to put on and take off. Dressing a wiggling newborn can be a bit of a struggle. Follow these tips when you choose clothes to keep dressing easier.

JerryLee

Postby JerryLee » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:21 pm

If to speak about school and clothes, then kids can choose to wear whatever they want to school (as long as it is within the rules) but should choose to respect their bodies and wear modest clothing. Before you leave for school in the morning, look in the mirror and think to yourself "Would my grandmother want me wearing these clothes?" Another good fact about having uniforms is that you don’t have to go through the trouble of wondering what’s appropriate and what is not. The uniform is appropriate and saves time for the school board going through the trouble of rules and announcements. There are usually rules regarding modesty issues, visible logos, offensive text on clothing, gang colors and symbols and more. Teachers and staff must monitor the students to make sure what they are wearing is appropriate. This is of course is avoided when all students are in a uniform. The look of wearing a uniform is respected by people like solider in their uniforms. It shows school spirit and pride walking down halls and being seen by others.

William Lawn

Postby William Lawn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Think about how easy clothes will be to put on and take off. Dressing a wiggling newborn can be a bit of a struggle. Follow these tips when you choose clothes to keep dressing easier.Wide necks or snaps at the neck make dressing easier. (If you pick clothes that pull over the head, do it quickly because babies panic when their breathing is blocked.)Snaps and zippers in the front are easier to put on and take off than those on the back.Loose sleeves pull on and off easier than tight ones.Snaps or other easy openings at the crotch make it quicker and easier to change diapers – you don’t have to take off all your baby's clothes.

Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:05 pm

I think it is better natural materials in any case. Then you know for sure that your child will have no allergy. So you will have no additional problems with his health. Natural materials are better in washing. Moreover this chose safes the environment anyway. I understand all this crap with pesticide using. But hope this using will be reduced soon.

Return to “Fathers’ section”