Co-sleeping with children

Nicolaus

Re: Co-sleeping with children

Postby Nicolaus » Sat May 27, 2017 2:40 pm

i think that i have already mentioned that i am not for this idea nad i think that it is not good. of course I know that maybe for you it would be a problem and everything like that but on the other hand i can tell you that it is better because after you will not have any problems, i know that a lot of parents like sleeping with their children and the tell that it is very comfortable but then your child would have stress because it will be hard for him or hr to sleep alone i know that maybe i am not right and all children are different but it is my own opinion about it. but of course if you think that it is better than why not.

GeorgeH

Postby GeorgeH » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 am

You are right, it is really really so, and therefore, if you have the interest in my personal life experience I will tell you the next fact... as any other happy father I have the excitement when the little body comes to me in the middle of the night and tries to lay down and therefore he is experiencing some kind of the urgent need to stay near me, I can not refuse on letting him go way. Of course, I am happy to hold him under h warm blanket next to me and surely if there is going to be some nightmare, I will comfort my little lovely half. it is normal until the time when they are growing up. :idea:

Adam31

Postby Adam31 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 pm

As for me, I think that it's just the choise of the parents. It is more comfortable for parents when children are little and there is a need to feed them their children at night. But than, when the need disappears, parents just can't to break off their children to sleep alone. So it turns that it can take place for several years.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm

To tell you the truth, I am also very interrested in the answer to this question. My daughter also sleep with us. And we don't know how to teach her to sleep in her own bed. Every time we try to put her in her bed, she wakes up and start crying. But I think that the only solution is do it every night for her to get used to it, and then, as a result she would sleep in her own bed.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 am

Co-sleeping is often a wonderful bonding experience for new babies and their parents. However, co-sleeping must come to an end at some point. Here are several steps that will guide you through the process of weaning your child from sleeping in your bed. Talk to your baby about the transition. Read him books about babies and children who sleep through the night. Talk about how happy it makes Mommy and Daddy when he sleeps until morning. Make a point to emphasize that daytime is for playing and having fun, while nighttime is for sleeping and relaxing. Remember to reinforce every little step he makes with praise. Place a mattress or crib right next to your bed. If possible, use an elevated baby crib that can turn into a daybed. It is best if the crib is the same height as your mattress. If using a mattress, place it on the floor next to your bed, as it would be dangerous to place your baby on a bed if she is old enough to roll.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Many toddlers feel secure and happy sleeping near their parents, but co-sleeping cannot last forever. Eventually, you’ll want your child to sleep in his or her own bed. Scroll down to Step 1 to make the transition as smooth as possible. Choose the right time. Remember that it’s easier to teach a younger child to sleep alone than it is to change an older child’s habits, so consider starting as soon as you feel ready. Ideally, though, you’ll also want to move your child to his or her own bed during a relatively peaceful and uncomplicated time – not when your schedule is crazy or when your toddler is dealing with any other major changes.

George86

Postby George86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am

I don't have anything bad towards sleeping together with parents but I think that it should be until some certain age of your baby. sleeping together is good for children because they feel comfortable themselves near their parents and it reduces their fear of something. Firstly to wean your baby you should remember that it must be not at once, it should be a continuous period and it is right to choose the right time. Remember that it’s easier to teach a younger child to sleep alone than it is to change an older child’s habits, so consider starting as soon as you feel ready.

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:15 am

I think that it would be very comfortable to sleep in one room with your child when he is still small. i do not think that sleeping in one bed in worth trying but i know a lot of people are trying it .i have not tried it and that is why i do not know.
when you child is ready you may let him in the other room is he wants, i know that a lot of children are afraid of sleeping alone and they often come to parents. in my opinion it is completely normal.the main advantage of co-sleeping is that you may calm down your child when he is afraid

Ford

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Very intresting and I think that children should have their own bedrooms apart from their parents.
There some special devices which can make the life easier. You just have to put it into your room and the room of your child and it will transfer all the sounds your baby makes.
Moreover, sleeping together with parents especially in one bed really can cause serious mental problems. So, don't be afraid to make your child sleep along. In such a way he just teaches how to be independent!

Gilbert

Postby Gilbert » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Okey guys. My children don't sleep together with me or my husband. Our son who lives together with us has his own room and almost from the very birth he has his own bed. We have never had such habits to sleep together with our children. I don't know because of what reasons but we think that co sleeping with baby is not necessary thing we should do. Apart from it I must admit that it is easier for baby to get used to sleep alone from the very childhood because in older years it will be difficult to wean your baby to sleep together.

Return to “Fathers’ section”