Co-sleeping with children

Jimmy

Re: Co-sleeping with children

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Co-sleeping is good for the first months of baby’s like. No doubts, that later this should be avoided. I think you should read for children before night sleeping and then go to your bed. Child should know that you will sleep in your bed , but be sure that he is safety while you sleep really not far away and he can come to you in case nightmares or so.

franky

Postby franky » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:31 pm

I have watched one movie, where son slept with his mother in the same bed. It had no good results. Firstly it was not a deal at all, but with time this boy needed serious medical treatment. His mental state was investigated and studied by psychologists and psychiatrists. So just keep in mind that only little babies can sleep with their parents with any harm.

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:51 pm

I think that children should have their own bedrooms apart from their parents. There some special devices which can make the life easier. You just have to put it into your room and the room of your child and it will transfer all the sounds your baby makes. Moreover, sleeping together with parents especially in one bed really can cause serious mental problems. So, don't be afraid to make your child sleep along. In such a way he just teaches how to be independent!
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:52 am

As I know - it is better to make the child sleep on his own as soon as it is possible. It was said correct about the breastfeeding - but even in that case when the child is sleeping - you put him in the separate bed or cradle. Visit hospitals - all the babies are not with their mothers all the time - but in separate specialized cradles. They are given to moms only for the feeding - and caressing - yes, they have even that"special" term for simple cuddling) When the baby is awake - it is almost all the time in contact with mother. But when it sleeps - it is better to leave it alone. If to do otherwise - it will be difficult for the child to get to sleep while being alone. that is not a good habit)

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:41 am

it would be very comfortable to sleep in one room with your child when he is still small. i do not think that sleeping in one bed in worth trying but i know a lot of people are trying it .i have not tried it and that is why i do not know. when you child is ready you may let him in the other room is he wants, i know that a lot of children are afraid of sleeping alone and they often come to parents. in my opinion it is completely normal.the main advantage of co-sleeping is that you may calm down your child when he is afraid .

Damien

Postby Damien » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Believe me or not, but there are a lot of benefits of co-sleeping with your children. First of all it can develop independence. There are even some researches on this topic which showed that when children sleep with their parents, they develop independence earlier as they do not experience separation anxiety. Also such way of sleeping reduces stress and disorders. It also helps to develop family's closeness.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:09 pm

I really do not see anything so bad in it. Especially when your kid is too small. Children who have grown up in a family bed have increased self-esteem, experience less behavioral problems, are less prone to peer pressure and report more happiness and general satisfaction with life. They are less likely to suffer from stress disorders than children who did not share sleep with their parents. In addition to psychological benefits, babies who co-sleep appear to thrive better. SO if you kid really wishes to be near you, do not reject him. Be his proof.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:19 am

Stephan wrote: Children who have grown up in a family bed have increased self-esteem,

Wow, really, is that so?:)) Where did you get that kind of information? You mean - when they will be in the middle school they can brag about the fact that they "already shared bed with someone" - you mean that way of increasing self esteem? I am sorry of course - do not get me wrong - but I think this is nonsense. You need to teach your kid to be independent from the earliest days of his life. that does not mean not to give the kid attention of course. Sleeping with someone - is the same kind of thing as the pacifier. It is good till some time - it dies serve its purpose - but you must not allow it to become a habit. Because it will cause bad consequences afterwards.

florian

Postby florian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:12 pm

To my mind it is possible when your child is little and when he is ill or scared at night. Otherwise you should let him sleep alone. For the first time when you feed him with a mixes he may be sleeping in his own bed in you bedroom. But when he will begin eating common food, he should sleep in his own room.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:10 pm

i think that it is the best idea ever. you do not have to wake up at night and go to the other room , or to get our of your bad in order to feed your child or something like that. it is really easy ad it would be definitely very comfortable for you. but on the other hand you would not sleep well because you will always be afraid that you may hurt your child or do something wrong and it is also very stressful. but i advise you not to worry about anything and take everything easy. when you will get the child you will definitely understand what way for you would be better whether to sleep with your child or not. :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Fathers’ section”