Co-sleeping with children

Matthew Foster

Re: Co-sleeping with children

Postby Matthew Foster » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:50 pm

I guess co-sleeping has both advantages and disadvantages. A lot of parent do such a thing. And it is very comfortable when yout child is nearby. If something wrong is at night you should not stand up. Also it is better to watch if it is right, when a child sleeps with you. But then children use to sleap not alone and it will be very difficult to make him sleep in his own bed.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:54 am

As for me co-sleeping with children is okey. It is pretty comfortable for parents. They see their child all night and they can see if everything is alright. Also they should not get up if their children cries or needs something. But there is one disadvantage of co-sleeping: it can be difficult to make your child sleep alone,when he gets older.

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:12 pm

I guess that children should not sleep together with their parents, you see :!: :!: :idea: :o ;) I understand it is very conviniontly for parent in the first time. But when you baby gets older you should wean him and it can turn out to be a very hard process :!: :!: :roll: A child used to sleep with you and can not sleep alone, so I think children should sleep alone from their very birth.

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:06 pm

when i was a kid, i mean when i was five i really slept with mum and dad. i was too afraid of darkness.. no really.. i thought that darkness was a demon or something like that and i hated it sooooooo much! :roll: :roll: But with time your childish fears somehow desapear and you become adult, with adut problems and so on))) do ot make a trauma to your kid :!: :!:

Williams

Postby Williams » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:54 pm

i have never though that it is really a very good idea. i think that it is even very bad idea. it is not very comfortable for you and your partner because you do not have the time for each other. you are constantly with your child. and of course it would be very hard to wean your baby from sleeping together with you, i think that you would not want it very much to sleep always with you child i hope that you would not do it. but i know that a lot parents tell that it is more comfortable to sleep together with the child because ou do not have to stand up and feed your child. but i do not think that it is actually more comfortable.

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 pm

I have already written here that I do not support parents, who sleep with their child, though I understand them. I understand it is more comfortable and they should not get up in the evening if there are any troubles with their child. But I guess that parents should leave their child to sleep in his own bed, in order to teach him be independant and not to wean him then ;) ;) ;)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:34 pm

i know that it is not obligatory for the kid to sleep only with the parents at all.. I mean - look at the kids in the hospitals, for example. Each one of them is in its separate box - and they are feeling pretty fine. If you do not want the kid to have that habit - you simply have not to start forming it on the first place) We are already making the renovations in the room of our future kid - and we already bought the furniture there. Our kid is not going to sleep with us - we decided it is going to be that way. We are going to stay with him till he falls asleep - and then we are leaving.. .I am sure he will be ok with that.)

JohnBrown

Postby JohnBrown » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Co-sleeping with children is good and right thing when we talk about breastfeeding babies. Thus kid gets less stress, it feels comfortable near mom as it feels the warmth of mother's body. I've heard that babies who have been sleeping with their mothers, when they grow up, they become more independent and feel more confident in this life. So it's up to you to decide.

Jeffrey Wilson

Postby Jeffrey Wilson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:47 pm

I think it is a good idea until a child is 5-6 years. But after this age it seems not to be so cute and funny. Child gets used to stuff which parents do for them very quickly and it can affect on child's behaviour later when he will be teenager or an adult. So disttract him from sleeping with you.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:50 pm

There are both advantages and disadvantages of co-sleeping with children, you see :) :) ;) ;) ;) It is really convinient for parents, as they do not have to get up and go to their children's bed, when he has any problems. But some problems will appear sooner, when your child gets older and has to sleep on his own, but he will afraid, as he used to sleep with his parents.

Return to “Fathers’ section”