How divorce affects children

Matthey

Re: How divorce affects children

Postby Matthey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 pm

I think that divorce affects children really much. My parents divorced when I was 14 years. It hurts me a lot. I don’t want to divorce, maybe it is a reason why I am not married.) I know how it is when your parents don’t understand each other and quarrel all the time. They get divorced finally and what about you? Who cares? I will do everything possible and impossible to prevent divorce.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:49 pm

It does affect some children more, some of them less. It all depends on the age of the kid, on the circumstances, on the parents, how will they behave themselves. The child, even a small one, will feel there is something wrong. But some people are able to restrain their emotions at least in the presence of the kid, and some of them are quarrelling and fall into the hysteria in front of the eyes of their kids. That had very bad influence on kids. They may have a very bad impression of the very idea of family, and might now want to have one of their own. So you should always have to consider what is better for the child, despite your own urges and needs sometimes. Having a kid is a big commitment,. and when you have one - there is no turn back already.

florian

Postby florian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:36 pm

In my humble opinion divorce affect children more than adults. cause often they feels guilty about their parents divorce. It is a great psychological shock for the kid, especially when the divorce process is connected with quarrels between the parents/ Child must know that parents will love him despite they are living separately.

Chase

Postby Chase » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:57 pm

of course the divorce affects the child not in a good way and i think that it is obviously. but if the parents do not have the choice and they do not want to live together just for the child then it is the only way out they just have to explain to the child in a good way what it is like and that they will love him even more. i think that it is very bad if one parent takes the child and does not allow the other to see him. you may hurt the child and it is better not to do such things.divide the time in a good way and let tow parents spend enough time with the child.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:57 pm

i think that it is obviously that divorce affects the child not in a very good way and that is why it is better to think about your couple before you get the child. if you understand that he is not reliable and you will no be together for long then it is 100percent better not to start your journey of getting children. i know that for many children it is a big trauma when his parents divorce and then they try to make the child live with one of them. parents do not communicate and in many cases one parent does not let the other one spend time with the child. it is very bad, your child would be very sad and even depressed.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Of course divorce affects children in a horrible way. Also as parents. But I do not see any sense of saving you relationships only because of children. You will even nervous and be disappointed more. Try to talk to your children and explain your situation. If you do it a right way there will be almost no difficulties. Good luck!

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:45 am

Of course divorce influences your child in a very bad way. His parents are the closest people in his life. And I can not imagine feelings of such a child. He has to live with one parent and leave another. Imagine how hard it is, especially for a child. I wish no child in the world has such feelings, it is so awful. Good luck.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Children in different ways show their feelings. On the violation of the procedure instigated in the family, combined with the impotence, preschool children respond to family breakdown crying, sleep disorder, increased fearfulness, lower cognitive processes, manifestation of untidiness, addiction to own things and toys. They use games to overcome parental divorce. The game creates a fantasy world populated by hungry, aggressive characters. Experiencing feelings of loss and anxiety. Children of 5-6 years show increase in aggression and anxiety, irritability, restlessness, angriness. And teenagers are always aggressive. Divorce can permanently damage the relationship of parents with a child. Therefore, a divorce - is an extreme measure.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Kevin wrote: They use games to overcome parental divorce.

I am not sure what games you are speaking about. By the way, if the family is big ( like in Spain, for example, with all the uncles, aunties, grandparens, cousins), then the divorce may pass less noticeable for the kid. I think hat divorcees became really more often thing in the modern world. the kids psychology has a marvellous level of adaptiveness. they do accept the reality as it is, at least under some age. So when the problems are coming - they do not carry them in the future, the storm is passed, and the sky is clean again. Though I hope I am never going to experience divorce in my life. Regardless of having kids.

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:05 am

Of course, bad things can not influence us in a good way. So divorce always affects children in a very bad way. Children usually become disappointed, mad unhappy, sometimes even angry :( :( :o :shock: :idea: They can close themselves and not talk to anybody, especially their parents, you know. They can even have some problems with their psyche.

Return to “Fathers’ section”