encourage your children to reduce screen time

JaredJey

Re: encourage your children to reduce screen time

Postby JaredJey » Wed May 10, 2017 2:33 pm

TV and computer games is not limited to age and philosophically relevant decisions subject to the approval of the parents. There are many things you can do with your child. To try to walk. Even a short walk offers health benefits and allows You to communicate with your child. You can walk in children's activity centres. You can draw to play entertaining game. ;)

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 pm

When families have been using media too much, it becomes a habit to just use it and stay inside. A smart way to curb these media cravings is to spend more time outside--without using your phone, of course! Public parks offer the opportunity and space for families to burn energy, engage in cardiovascular activity and socialize. Bring your flying disk, swimsuit, bikes, basketball, dog, and so on! If you have a recreational center, or are the member of a gym, check for times to get involved with activities. For instance, open swim times at the pool, ice rink, or climbing wall. In poor weather, try the library. Most libraries offer scheduled activities for children from infants to teenagers. Just realize most libraries have computers, so have a strategy to avoid spending time on the computers there.

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 am

I don't have children now but I have a little brother who spends most of his time watching TV or playing computer games. I remember myself when I was 10.
I had a TV but I didn't watch it at all. I liked to spend all my free time outside with my friends. And in the case with my brother, it sometimes even seems to me that he can't talk! Of course he can, but for him it is better to communicate in a game via the Internet. But I think parents can use "if.. if method" or they can place a TV or a computer in their own bedroom which will help to limit the time for watching and playing.

Ford

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 pm

I was allowed to watch TV and computer how much i wanted. And know what? We didn't grew up mentally retarded. We both gained degrees in universities and found good jobs. Gadgets became an essential part of our living. Wherever we go we use phones, whatever we want to know we use laptops and internet. We are not in ancient times. We can not forbid a child to use a computer. Even if we could do it at home, he/her can go to friends and spend time with computer ot TV there. We can only tell and advice not to use it that much and propose alternative ways of pastime. Like outdoor activity, puzzles, painting etc.

Herbert

Postby Herbert » Wed May 09, 2018 5:59 am

And their illusion lies in the fact that they have erected a thing of the subjective order in the rank of the objective, universal. They may think that the problem is not in them, but in others, they are constantly tormented by dreams of a better life somewhere far away or of life there, but under other circumstances.
"That's when I go there, everything will be different," they think, but they do not know that they will only see a bad place in the new place and they will not get away from their perception, even if they fly to the moon.

Ralph

Postby Ralph » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am

They themselves, of course, never provided such information, it is from someone, and from journalists it is always seasoned with the right way, and with the necessary spices. But in general, the right communication between people, this is exactly what should be, that is, information transmitted by people to other people - must be raw, it should be only a statement of facts, and not their definition. The question and the answer to it, without your logic and attention to this process, is life outside of your participation in it. I could formulate it this way, based on my vision of passivity and indifference of many people, to those issues that are directly relevant to their lives.

lenny

Postby lenny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:02 pm

For the fourth month, the child can confidently hold his head. Reacts and turns to sound. Lying on his tummy, can lean on his hands and straighten them. Can independently reach for a toy, grab it, look closely, taste it :?

Return to “Fathers’ section”