encourage your children to reduce screen time

florian

Re: encourage your children to reduce screen time

Postby florian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:23 pm

All of us understand that progress if moving forward and we can't do nothing with it. Medics have developed time rules for kids screen time. From the other side it is not good to disconnect him from the technologies. Maybe it must not be the sense of his life sitting near the screen.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:48 pm

if te child spends a lot of time in front of the screen then it is definitely the fault of his parents because they let the child do it and they do not even want to make things in the other way. but it is definitely possible to do it. very often parents just do not want to spend time with their child and it is easier for them to set the child in front of the tv and switch cartoons. but i think that you may change it. show your child that there are a lot of wonderful books and he shall definitely read all of them. give the child a wonderful example that every person shall go in for sports. and then you child would not spend all the time in front of the screen.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Yes, I agree that children are surrounded by different gadgets and some of them even can not live or imagine their life without them. I think parents should encourage children to refuce from these gadgets. They should make some interesting games, send children outdoors to play in the yard, in summer you should send them to the camp.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 am

I guess it is a simple and difficult question at the same time. Now all the children spend hours with their gadgets or TV. And we have something to do with that. As spending a lot of time in front of the screen children cause harm for their health. You should make him be interesting in something other. Wish you good luck.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:01 pm

You can come up with ways to help distract the child. Pull out the old albums with photographs. For your kid it will be interesting to look at you small, at the grandparents were young. Organize a small trip. Gather together with all your family and go on a small trip. Picnic. If the weather allows, select the nature of tents, campfire and picnic. In cold winter you can arrange a picnic at home. Write a letter to the future together with your child draw a picture, imagine what to write to his family in the future. You might want to attach a photo, and maybe some clippings from today's newspapers. These are just some examples of activities that can be used to replace the watching TV.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Also you need to understand that it is impossible to deprive all the digital life from the kids life, so to say. these days computers became much more then the job for several chosen ones - and simple entertainment for the others. Now it is a separate reality. And this reality strongly connected to our real world.. You cannot succeed in our reality today without having some skills in that digital world. So just make sure that when your kid is at the monitor - he is doing something useful.. Studies, or playing on the stock market, or coding the AI, you know) Wasted time is a wasted time, no matter where was it wasted, at the comp or in the yard.

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:09 am

I think there are a lot of ways to make your child reduce screen time :o ;) ;) A lot of children have addiction to their modern gadgets, TV and can not imagine their life without these devices. I think we should make our children spend more time in the fresh air, with friends. We can also make them go in for sports. I think it is the bes way to reduce screen time and make them more healthier.

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:52 pm

This is a question about cartoons i guess and how often should our kids watch them.. :lol: well, WHen i was a kid i was simply crasy about cartoons.. athough i do not have kids yet (thank to God) but i guess parents should not prohibit them watching cartoons. for me they were the sighn of childhood and i cannot imagine then iving without them.

Williams

Postby Williams » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:14 pm

i think tat parents shall not let their children spend a lot of time in front of the screen. i know that a lot of people who are not parents tell that they would never let their children spend a lot of time in front of the screen. ut i understand that o not all parents have enough strength to spend all the time with the child. sometimes you just want to do anything for yourself. and you have to give your child the tablet and switch cartoons on, and sometimes you may also just let your child play on your cell phone. it is normal but you have to explain your children that it is not normal to spend a lot of time in front of the screen.

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:01 pm

I understand that we live in a modern world, full of different gadgets ;) ;) ;) But I absolutely agree that we should encourage our children to reduce screen time and not allow them to spend hours in front of the screen, you see ;) ;) ;) We know our children, so we should find some games or other things, which our children will be interested in and will play ;) ;) :!: :roll: :?

Return to “Fathers’ section”