unspoil a child

Argo

Re: unspoil a child

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:10 pm

You need get in tune with your child. This can be difficult for parents who work a lot, but knowing the routines and rules of caregivers can be important for un-spoiling a child. If you and your child have built a relationship without good interpersonal connection, healthy boundaries, and proper roles, it is time to start addressing this. If you have a caregiver who does not enforce any rules while watching your child, this is something you’ll need to address with the caregiver. You are asking them to watch your child and essentially to be the authority figure while you are working. This takes work on their part, and you do not want someone who is lazy and has no rules while being trusted with the care of your child.

Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Actually, I don't think this is a good idea to say no without any explanations! I believe that a parent should teach a child to understand them! The best way to do this is to show that you understand a child`s need. For example, you say no saying that you understand a child`s wish and explaining why "no"! Then a child would appreciate such a treatment.

Tomy

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:51 pm

It is kind of difficult question for me, while as I was a child we didn’t have such problem in our family. But when I grew up my parents keep saying that I am not thankful at all and don't appreciate their role in my life, their help and support. I just don’t know how to behave in this situation, so I decided to be myself and give some time for this problem to be decided.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:50 pm

When I was a kid - I was a really spoiled one. I remember being that way before my father came back from the army, when I was about 6. Before that - I was raised by my mother for several years - and I've seen father only a few times a year. And my mom is a very humble person - and always said yeas - when she needed to say no) Then dad came back , to stay) And he taught me that no means no. Must confess - if he would not perform several educational slaps on my ass (or dozens of them?) - I would not change. This is not the propaganda of violence in family, by no means. But often words are not enough for kids. Besides - if the kid will not feel your authority - he will have no respect for you during his life, consciously or unconsciously. that will cause trouble.

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:03 am

I think to unspoil a child is rather difficult because all the parents love their babies that's why sometimes is't so difficult to say "No". But if you want you child to grow up with good manners you should do it from time to time! But if your child is really spoiled you should admit this fact at first. For some parents it is the most difficult step. You can also use the "if.. if method". In order not to spoil a child parents have to be very consistent and set expectations. It's also necessary not to buy unnecessary things. One more important thing is to teach not only take but to give as well. And, of course, you should spend with your child as much time as it's possible!

Robb

Postby Robb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:59 pm

even if you buy your child a lot of toys and try to do everything for her , i do not think that she would definitely not thank you in the future. children should understand that everything costs money and they should not just through them away on everything they want. do not let your children be spoiled, when you see the first signs of it try to top tit. if she cries the let her cry a bit. it would be even better for her. children should not get everything they want. it should be step by step. it is my method of raising children.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:24 am

well, i am not sure about all that, cause my son is too small. he is only 2 years old, but i do really buy him a lot of toys and let him watch cartoons. i do not think it is so really bad and he would not be grateful in the future. everything depends on a child and his character. sometimes parents may repeat a hundred times, say thank you to that or this, but if your kid doesn not want to do it, he would not. and it does not mean he is bad and you must be cross about it. it just says, you have to be careful... so be careful and think positively in the future.

Damien

Postby Damien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Love your child but know the measures. This probably the best way not to spoil your child. I don't have children now, but I remember my childhood when my mom always talked about our neighbour's son who was really a spoiled one! They always gave him everything he wanted. They never punished him. As a result he grew up and now he is in prison for stealing some things from the shop.The thing is that he didn't know the price of money that's why he didn't work. But the wish to have everything he wanted always was with him. That's why when his parents were not able to give it to him, he decided just to take it. That's why it is necessary to know the measures. When you punish your kid for something bad, or you say "No" from time to time, you do something really good and in future your child will very greatful for this!

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:20 pm

The next step will be paying more attention to a child and spending more time with him. He behaves like that, when he tries to have more attention. He feels not enough love and care. Try to remember yourself in the childhood and analyze your child’s behavior according to your own experience. We were children too and shouldn’t forget about it, even when we are adults.

Chase

Postby Chase » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 pm

if you talk with your child a lot and make everything in order not to spoil him then your child would not be spoiled. it depends on you. you do not have to buy your child all the toys because you may spoil him. jut buy what he wants and what you think may be really useful for your child. of course in most cases it does not happen so because when the child wants something and you have an opportunity to buy it, i am talking about the money then you will definitely buy it , you may be sure in it. i know it from my experience that i always by all the toys in the shops for my daughter she is so happy when she sees then new one.

Return to “Fathers’ section”