Adjust

Steven Tyler

Adjust

Postby Steven Tyler » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Change is part of everyone's life. It can mean anything from moving to a new place, having a major life event upset your life (like an illness or death), or dealing with a relationship. Learning to adjust to changes will help you feel more in charge and confident in your life. I can only say that you should allow yourself to feel upset. You won't be doing yourself any favors by trying to avoid the feelings moving is going to bring up. You're probably excited, anxious, stressed out, sad to leave your old life behind. All of these are natural and okay! What do you think about this guys?

DaddyAdam

Re: Adjust

Postby DaddyAdam » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 am

Take a time-out when everything gets to be too much. This can be something as simple as 15 minutes in a quiet room in a coffee shop, or sitting on a park bench.When you're reminded of your old life don't push those feelings away. Take the time to sit with them even if it means crying. Working through your emotions will allow you to have a better time in your new place of residence.
Release your expectations. You have ideas about what you want your new life to be like. Chances are that isn't how your new life is going be. That doesn't mean that your new life is bad or wrong. You'll have to let go of your expectations and let it be what it's going to be.

Richard Hawley

Postby Richard Hawley » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Be present. Instead of planning how you're going to make the future better, or remembering how good the past was, revel in each moment you're experiencing in your new place. Soon this will all be so familiar you won't even notice it. Enjoy the fact that you're seeing new things and new places.This new place and life is going to be different from the old one. You can't recreate what you had. When you find yourself comparing the new place to the old one stop! Remind yourself that things are different and different doesn't necessarily mean bad. Give the new place a chance to be good for you.Remember you probably won't fit in immediately. It will take time to find people who could be your friends. It will take time to learn the new area, to learn the new customs. It will take time to find your new favorite bakery, your new bookstore, your new gym.

Albert

Postby Albert » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Get to know your new place. One part of adjusting to a new place is actually getting to know it. If you stay holed up in your house or apartment thinking about the past you aren't going to make new friends and find new ways of being. Get out there!Join an organization that you enjoy. This could be anything from a library book club, to volunteering for a group you support. Religious organizations are great places to find a new community if you are religious. Otherwise political organizations, or artistic groups (like singing groups, knitting circles, quilting circles, scrapbookers, etc.) are good bets.

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:10 am

You need to keep calm and stay friendly in any situation, you need to neet new people and get to know about your new place as much as you can. One part of adjusting to a new place is actually getting to know it. If you stay holed up in your house or apartment thinking about the past you aren't going to make new friends and find new ways of being. Go out with your work colleagues. If you have moved to a new place because of a new job, ask your work colleagues where the best going-out places are, and invite them to go out with you. Even if you don't build lasting friendships you never know who you'll meet or be introduced to.Talk to people. Make small talk with the check-out person any where it helps you to make a friend.

Peter Parker

Postby Peter Parker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:08 am

Go out with your work colleagues. If you've moved to a new place because of a new job, ask your work colleagues where the best going-out places are, and invite them to go out with you. Even if you don't build lasting friendships you never know who you'll meet or be introduced to.Talk to people. Make small talk with the check-out person at the grocery store, that person waiting at the bus stop with you, the librarian behind the counter, the barista at the coffee shop. You'll get to know a bit about the place you live in and you'll start meeting people and getting comfortable with your surroundings.

Mark007

Postby Mark007 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:08 am

Be prepared for culture shock. Even if you're moving between cities it's going to be different. This is an even more true if you're moving to a new country, across your country, from the town to the city and vice versa. Places are simply different and you have to be prepared for that.Try to match your pace to that of your new environment. For example, if you've just moved from a big city to a small town you'll find that the pace of life and what people are about are much different.Sometimes it can even seem like the people in your new place speak a completely different language (even if it's the same as your own!). This can require learning a new lingo, new abbreviations, and new little quirks of language. Be prepared to make mistakes and ask for clarification.

Adam Levine

Postby Adam Levine » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:15 pm

You actually can adjust your life. Only you can decide if you are going to be happy. This also ripples its way into other areas of our lives. Be patient. Enjoy the journey of creating the life you desire. Each day will bring you one step closer. Only yo are the owner of you life. So only you can decide whether you will change it or not. And in which side you want to change it. I hope you got what am i going to say. To adjust my life i started to meditate ( i have told about it in another topic i guess) so you can try to meditate too....Maybe it will help you in the same way as it helped me

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 am

i am such a person who really hate the changes and espzcially great and important. those, which can possible change everything it is a great stress to me and my family. i ove everything i have and gain during the life. for me it is the most important. even my job, guys. i really cannot imagine leaving it for something new, cause i feel like my roots are aready there. i know that there are a ot of people who ove changes and they hate routine, but that is not about me)) I ove the results of my works,i love long-time relations, everything of this king))) that is why adjusting is difficult to me)

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:21 pm

You need to know your car. Modern cars that are controlled by electronic ignitions don't need to have their timing adjusted, but old-style 4-stroke engines require that the timing be adjusted periodically to optimize the efficiency of the engine, making sure that the spark fires at the appropriate moment in the ignition cycle. If you hear telltale signs of the timing of your car not being quite right, such as pinging, backfiring, or if the car runs too rich or too lean, you will need to either take it to a mechanic or adjust the timing yourself. When the piston comes up during the compression stroke, just before the piston gets to the top of its compression stroke , the spark plug should fire.

Return to “Gay dating”