Telephone etiquette: what children need to know?

Dorian

Re: Telephone etiquette: what children need to know?

Postby Dorian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Explain to your teen how to place a formal call. If your teen is trying to call a business, make a doctor’s appointment, or get information from an official agency, they cannot use the familiar tone and language that they might when talking to their friends or family. In order to be taken seriously by potential employers, college advisors, and other authority figures, they should use a more direct, businesslike approach on the phone. Work with your teen to improve the quality of their conversation. What your teen says on the phone is as important as how they say it. Teach your teen how to have an engaging and informative conversation on the phone. You can play a game where you challenge your teen to answer questions with more than one word. Challenge them to answer questions with more than just "yes" or "no."

George86

Postby George86 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 am

I am glad to be here today as usual. And what about you??? Do you have the same? I think that it is a great deal of parents to tell their children how to speak right while telephone conversation. I must admit that communicating over the phone is not much different than communicating in face-to-face interactions. We as parents should remind your teen that being polite, using language that does not deliberately offend or anger the other speaker, and waiting their turn to talk are all important habits that contribute to healthy, positive communication on the phone as well as off. Good thing probably

AlexFl

Postby AlexFl » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 pm

It's very important. :!: In modern world children very early begin to use mobiles. And the study of the rules of telephone etiquette is very important. It will also help them pick up a few key points on how to maintain manners, while conversing with people in general. I think that you should pay attention to the following items: rules of introduction, how to begin the conversation, how to finish conversation.

Mr.Albert

Postby Mr.Albert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 pm

I think each parent should start with explainin a kid the reason why he has given him a mobile phone. For instance, he can say: "I have given you this mobile phone because I want to ring you up and say you something. You don't need to play with the phone or boast before your friends as it's not a toy. When you answer a phone call, you need to talk quietly as you may disturb other people. Don't use a mobile phone on the transport or in the public places as it's very impolite. Don't talk on the phone when you're with friends". I guess this is what i'll tell my son or daughter when I'll give him or her a mobile phone some day. :D

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:06 am

How are you feeling today?? Are you ready to start this day from the nice topic?? The creator is right that in many families, children today are sometimes even small have their own mobile phones, which have become an integral part of our and their lives.
Therefore, parents should teach children to comply with the phone etiquette, which could be called the result of good upbringing .and our main aim here is to try to teach all grounds of etiquette. I think that the best idea here is to teach with own example or thanks for game

Ford

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 pm

How are you doing today?? I think Kevin that you really have nice conversation and your topic for discussion is really actual I can say. We as parents should pay as much as possible attention to it and as for me telephone etiquette should be taught by our children from the very childhood.
I agree that the child should be able to politely ask "how are you?". It is very important to teach the child to talk politely on the phone!And of course we as parents should pay attention to it!!

Herbert

Postby Herbert » Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 am

Do not constantly focus on satisfying your desires and worry because it does not always work. Do not constantly regret yourself and be capricious like a child about the fact that you did not get what you wanted. That you did not go by car today because she broke that you had to visit a relative on Friday night instead of sitting in a smoky bar, as you are used to, that your TV broke and now you miss your favorite TV series, etc. . etc. Do not be attached to your habits, desires, it will make you addicted to them! Remember that happiness lies beyond satisfying your everyday whims, it is to be as independent as possible from them!

Return to “Fathers’ section”