How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Re: How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Postby Dorian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Hand washing is an important skill to learn. This skill is particularly important for children, as children often touch more objects throughout the day than adults--and many of these objects end up in a child’s mouth. Fortunately, teaching your child the basics of hand washing and setting a good example can work wonders for keeping your children and your home germ free. Place a stool in front of the sink. If the child cannot reach the sink by themselves, place a stool in front of the sink to facilitate regular hand-washing practices. Look for a stool with rubber grips on the steps. When young children are involved, washing hands can get extremely messy, and you don’t want the child slipping on the step. The feet of the step should also be equipped with rubber to limit the risk of slipping or sliding across a slick floor.

Postby George86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 am

It is is really important to teach your baby how to wash hands. And to my mind you and your child should do everything like this together!!! Firstly it would be pretty good to explain to your child why he should wash his hands. Tell him about the rules of hygiene. Although there are times when you do not wash your hands excusable, but in most cases this procedure is required. You might show your child how to wash his hands. Wet your hands with water, take the soap and lather hands. You can show how to lather hands, let him repeat the movement for you.

Postby Mr.Albert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm

I think you need to explain your child why washing hands is a good idea. For instance, you can simply tell him that when he or she doesn't wash hands millions of bacteria may live on them, and some of them may cause serious diseases. However, a simple talk seems quite boring. I would show my son or daughter a film or a cartoon to explain everything. Or you can simply take a piece of bread and ask your kid touch it with his dirty hands and then take another one and ask him to touch it with clean hands. My mum made such an experiment with me. When I saw that the piece of bread which I had touched with dirty hands spoilt faster than the one I had touched with clean hands, I decided to clean my hands till the end of my life :lol:

Postby Orlando » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:02 am

As for me i do not have children yet but very soon I would be the father and i realise that i would have to know how to do it because i would face this problems as well, well i do not think that it is actually a problem and i think that you realise what i am talking about but i think that the simple talk shall be enough for the child to understand it, of course i know that it happens usually in a lot of different ways but i think that it also depends on you how you are able to explain it, of course maybe it would no be enough to tell your child it for one time, but if you do all the time then your child will remember.

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

it is really very funny bu i think that you shall just help him to get used to it and the he will not have any questions why he shall do it and i think that you understand it very very good.
in any case you shall make your child do it if he does not want to do it , i think that you have already understood why. i know because i also used to ahve this problme and thta is why i ahve some experienced in it. in any case be strict about it, the child shall understand that it is an obligation for him to do it. i wish you good luck and i hope that my tip will help you.

Return to “Fathers’ section”