how TV effects on child

Argo

Re: how TV effects on child

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi everybody here) Nice to meet you here, guys) :) :) :) Nowadays, children discover the world of television at a very tender age. According to some studies, children under the age of 6 years watch television, video or DVD, daily for 2 hours on an average. In many instances, television can be effective, especially the educational and wildlife programs to broaden your child's knowledge and understanding about the world around him.Many television programs depict excessive violence, which can induce a lot of behavioral changes in young children. As children can easily relate to what is shown on television, they are more likely to imitate such behavior.

Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:54 pm

I absolutely agree that modern TV has a bad influence on our children, We should through away all the TVs and present to a child something useful, a bicycle, for example! Our modern TV is nothing but evil, we can not find there something good or didactic, I know many families that don't have a TV at all, but they have a lot of games, books, and they are much happier then those TV-addicted.

Tomy

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Our TV sets were out of order for last five years when I lived with my parents and on the flat that I rent now there isn’t TV too. So It was a long time ago when I watched TV)) So I have kind of forgotten about this discussions about how TV influences children)) of course it is better to walk in the park than watch TV all days, but I also see any harm when all family gather to watch TV together it is kind sweet)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:35 am

Depends on what channel you put on to "babysit" your kid I think) When I was small - I remember my mother practising that thing, what I was watching mostly were some series about nature, like Jaques Eves Custeau oddisey. and that was really great for me - i mean - that is some new knowledge - and I started to love Mother Nature from my early years. Surprisingly, I did not watch lot of cartoons) I think that you should choose carefully what your kid watches - cause kids mind is like a sponge - it does absorb all that it sees - and then it influences its character. The best way, though, is not to use that"babysitting" function - and to spend as much time as you can with your kid. TV will never replace the live communication with the reality. I hope)

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:06 pm

I certainly agree with a statement that TV spoils a child! Moreover we live in the time of the technological development that's whay it is so difficult to prevent your baby from this bad influence! You can just control what your child watches and reduce the time for TV. Just some cartoons and educational programs. That's all. But even in this case you won't prevent your children from a bad influence, because, really, a lot of parents use TV as a babysitter. And you can't forbid your children to communicate with others. So, forbid you the child to watch TV or not he still can get unnecessary and bad information outside your home! But a responsible parent will control the influence of TV on his children!

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:50 am

Most of the children become TV addicts when they are even not at school. They don't want to go outside to have fun with their friends. They spent nearly the whole day in front of the TV or a computer. According to the statistics children who spent more than 4 hours in front of the TV can become overweight. Also, due to the fact that there are a lot of violence on the TV, your children can show a very agressive behaviour. Moreover, there a lot of programs as well as films which propagate bad habits such as smoking, drinking and drugs. That's why it is necessary to minimize TV watching and also it is necessary to monitor what your child watches on TV.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 am

you know that the early stage of life, especially the first 2 - 3 years, are crucial for the mental development of your child. This is the age in which children learn through playing, observing, interacting, and exploring new things. Therefore, these few years are very significant for the mental and physical development. So, a habit of excessive television watching can hamper their normal physical and social activities, like playing with friends, reading, and spending quality time with family. i try to reduce the amount of time which my kid watches cartoons.. gradualy the aim will be achieved)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Tompson wrote: According to the statistics children who spent more than 4 hours in front of the TV can become overweight.

I think you have to be a pretty busy parent - or a pretty bad one - to allow the kid to sit that much at the TV. There are so many great activities.. TV is in the very end of the list actually. If I will leave my kid with the TV for some long time - i will leave only Discovery channel there - let that be the time of the education - not the time waste) But I think that people do put too much responsibility for the violence in our society on the TV and computer games. 300 years ago there was lot of violence as well - though no TV and computer games. All these problems are the consequence of the lack of love and attention from the parents, first of all.

Damien

Postby Damien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:50 pm

There are some good and bad effects of the television on a child. Among good ones the most important is information. But it is good only when you monitor what your child watches. There are a lot of educational programs. But there are some which propagate violence, for example! Also when your child watches TV a lot, he misses very important time which could be used for the developing of some necessary skills. And I should also mention the influence of theTV on the eyesight. It can be spoiled greatly by constant TV watching. Of course your child can watch TV, but this time should be limited and everything should be monitored!

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:27 am

of course as any other person here i think that tv effects the child really very much. but it is the duty of parents to make this effect positive. i am sure that we all understand that there are more stupid things on the screen than really useful information. but i know that we can not change it, you just can choose what let your child watch and what do not let him. parents do not want to spend time with their children and let them watch everything in order to stop children crying. and then they are surprised why their children are impolite.

Return to “Fathers’ section”